The cone of silence was broken today. It was shattered by a pre-coffee question. It was a simple enough, " What's on the agenda today?". However, I was only pouring my first cup of coffee so the answer came out kind of, well, bitchy. I didn't even realize just how nasty I sounded until I heard the front door shut. Apparently I hurt Toms feelings.
In my defense, he should heve known better. we've been together for 5 years and I have never, NEVER answered a pre-coffee question in anything more than a growl. He's lucky he got words.
I went out on the back porch and proceeded with my morning. I was contemplating my unintentional rudeness when Tom stalked past me to check the dryer in the shed. (Yes, my dryer is in my shed. Outside. That's what happens when you have a landlord who's ears are bigger than his brains.) I apologized and reminded him that no matter how nice I want to sound, it's going to come out like I'm posessed. I'm not going to let his forgetfulness ruin my day.
All was forgiven all the way around and I finished my coffee in blissful silence. That silence allowed me to not freak out when
- Tom turned on The Chipmonks before breakfast
- passed off dirty diaper duty to me even though he smelled it first
- gave the kids chocolate chip cookies for breakfast
- Kieran stuffed 2 of those cookies in his mouth at the same time
- Amanda freaked out over not having shoes to put on
- Amanda demanded grape juice instead of strawberry banana
- Amanda and Kieran turned into zombies in front of the tv
- Perry sympathy whining all along the way.
- Tom and Amanda having cuddle time on the couch
- Tom taking care of breakfast so I can screw around on Facebook
- Kieran playing nicely with Perry
- Finding a new way to play hide and seek with Tom as my partner in hiding *wink wink*
- Kieran NOT freaking out when he couoldn't have something
- Perrys dimples
- Amanda wearing Toms work boots
- being able to go potty with out listening to kids scream and or get in trouble